Monday 6 May 2019

Erif's Story: Part 6

No long, Flowery explanations this time! Short description, then on to the story!

Erif's story is the story of my character in a Dungeon and Dragons 5th edition campaign that I am in. More information can be found in other Blog posts. 

In addition to me, the players of Etcher, Rhaugox, and Olivia were able to make it to this game (meaning that Enigma and Sairon did not take part in this session.

Now - it's story time!

From the Journal of Erif Hcrocs:

We have taken a new contract! And it is not the one where we have to kill someone's imaginary friend. Instead, we have been hired by a priest of Karsis (a god of fire and creation - I like the fire part, but I'm not to sure about the creation part. Also, the priest says that Karsis is the only god, which is confusing to me, because how does that explain all of the clerics and paladins of other gods out there?).

Our contract requires us to fulfill two tasks before we receive our reward - first, we have to find out why people are disappearing from town - but then reappearing, with no memory of what happened - and also aged several years. The second part of our contract is to receive a reliquary from a ruin. 

We have completed the first part of our contract, (the disappearance problem). All of the people had been abducted by a cult, which was stealing years of their life and then giving them  to other cult members.

We found the cult hiding out in a weird building outside of the town. We cautiously entered the building, and eventually found the cult, doing cult things to an abducted villager.

At which point, a fight ensued!



And we win the fight, killing everyone except the villager, and the leader of the cult (although I wanted to kill him), who we turn over to the Priest of Karsis (although the authorities then take him away from him).

With all that finished, I think this was actually a really enjoyable contract! Nothing particularly annoying happened, and I got to set fire to some people! I even set fire to the strange house that the cult was living in! It did turn out to be an illusionary house, but it still got to be set fire to it!

Next stop: A ruin that hopefully contains a reliquary!

And that was that game session! It felt like not as much happened this time (nothing is wrong with that though), which probably made this my shortest blog post yet, as opposed to my previous one, which I am pretty sure was my longest.

Erif's Story: Part 7 will be coming "soon" (and by soon, I probably mean 2 weeks), and it will probably be longer! (weather or not a longer blog post is a good thing is all a matter of perspective...)





















No comments:

Post a Comment